code of conduct
At Inventure Academy we believe in helping children develop positive, contributing personalities and exploit their full potential in accordance with our Core Purpose and Values. We encourage children to take responsibility for their actions (corresponding with their age and maturity) through self-discipline, which we feel is the basis of emotional intelligence. This self-discipline must emerge not only from the rules of the school, but also from a sense of respect for others, the institution and community as a whole.
We have, over a period of time, formulated school discipline policies centered on a Code which concerns conduct and consequences (both negative and positive), affecting student behavior both in and out of school. In order for our policies to be successful, cooperation, compliance, positive reinforcement and correction are required from teachers, parents and children. On the whole, we believe rewards (incentives and awards for correct and desirable behaviour) are more effective than punishment, forfeiture of privileges and the resulting embarrassment.
At Inventure Academy, we seek to strike a fine balance between structure and caring, between the letter and spirit of the ethics and rules that have been put in place to make our lives and interaction more peaceful, productive and significant. We aim to develop young people with integrity and vision and create a warm, happy school peopled with high achievers and sensitive contributors.
Code of conduct
- Students must maintain discipline and respect in speech and behaviour within the school premises, as well as when they are off-site, on educational/recreational tours, on the bus, during school sponsored events, etc.
- No student is allowed to abuse, threaten, assault or insult a fellow student, teacher, school staff or any authorized personnel.
- Students must not initiate, encourage or participate in any bullying behaviour, ragging, verbal or physical assault or sexual harassment.
- Students will not carry, use, distribute or sell any non-prescription drugs, cigarettes and other tobacco products, alcohol or any narcotics.
- Gadgets that interfere with learning or are a safety risk will not be allowed in school unless requested for by a teacher. These include cell phones, personal computers, music systems, iPods, electronic gaming or telephonic devices, play stations, knives, etc.
- No form of dishonesty will be accepted. This includes academic dishonesty, tampering with documents, plagiarism and taking others' belongings without consent.
- Junk food & candy are not allowed on campus or on the bus. Breakfast and lunch will be served in the school dining area. Students will be encouraged to eat a nutritious meal, and observe civility and courtesy at the table.
- Students are expected to be punctual to class, to the bus, in submitting their assignments etc.
- Students arriving late or leaving early for any reason must be sure to report the facts to the office and Grade teacher.
- Students are not permitted to leave the school campus at any time during the school day unless permission is granted by the Prinicpal.
- Students may not carry cash or valuables to school. Trading and business activities by students are prohibited without prior explicit permission.