Admission process 2017-18
The Inventure Academy admission process is simple and transparent. It works on the belief that a personal interaction between parents / authorized guardians, the prospective student and the school’s authorized representatives is of far greater value than any conventional admission test. The process is aimed at giving us an insight into the type of education approach and environment you believe would be appropriate for your child to maximize his/her potential, while giving us a glimpse of the child’s strengths, learning needs and potential. It also gives you, as parents / authorized guardians, a first-hand opportunity to obtain an understanding of how our students and faculty engage with each other, our overall offering, curricula and our education approach.
- Pre School and Primary school (Pre K -5) placements will be based on interactions with and recommendations by the Grade Teacher and/or Special Educator for that specific grade.
- Entrance to Grades 6 to12: Students will go through a short placement test in specific subjects like English, Mathematics and Science, aimed at evaluating grade appropriate academic competence.
- Applicants for Grade 11 (AS levels & ISC) may be granted admission based on marks obtained in the Grade 10 Board Examination. However, the School reserves the right to administer a placement test, depending on the choice of board, marks obtained and subjects opted for.
Click here for Prerequisites for the AS Level, A Level and ISC Programs
- Admission in Grades 10 & 12 are very rare, and will only be considered if the student is already pursuing the course of study (ICSE, ISC , IGCSE, or AS/A levels), opted for and if there is an alignment in subject choices and on performance in the placement test, previous board exams or external diagnostic assessments.
The following are the steps in the admission process for Parents/ Authorized Guardians of the child:
- Browse the website to learn about the school’s philosophy, approach and offering. If you have any questions, or would like to make an appointment to meet us, please call us or mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org, you may also use the online Make an Enquiry Form Form on the website.
- Application Form can be purchased from the school office for INR 1000/-. Besides the form, the Admission Packet contains the School Brochure, the Admission Process, Fee Structure, Fee Policy, Student Information Form and Student Health Form. Alternatively one can download the Application Kit from the school website, and pay the requisite fee towards the admissions packet at the time of submission of the completed application form through online payment gateway
- Submit the completed Application Forms along with:
- 2 photographs
- A copy of the child’s / applicant’s Birth Certificate
- Academic records / transcripts for the last 2 years (if applicable)
- Extra-curricular records or achievement certificates, if any
- Transfer Certificate, if any
- Copy of visa / permit (if the student is not a citizen of India)
- Student Information Form (Bus and Meal Plan, 2nd Language and 3rd Language and Co-Curricular electives)
- Health Form
- The admission process for Grades Pre K to 8 begins in October of the previous calendar year and Grades 9 to 12 begins in January.
- Grades Pre K to 5: On commencement of the admission processes, the school will schedule meetings with the Grade Teacher/ Head of Section for us to understand the child and for parents to have a better understanding of our learning approach. Following this the Provisional Admission letters are issued to students.
- Upon receipt of our communication for provisional admission, payment of the one-time Non- Refundable Registration, Admission and Infrastructure Fee and 50% of the Annual Education Fee becomes due within 2 weeks from the date of the provisional admission offer. Failure to do so may result in the seat being offered to another student.
- Provisional Admission: For students who don’t live in and around Bangalore, a provisional admission offer to Grades Pre K to 5 will be made based on submission of the completed application form and prescribed documents. For Grades 6 to 12, admission is offered based on a review of the completed application form, previous academic records of the student and placement test results. A seat is blocked once the one time Non-Refundable Registration, Admission and Infrastructure Fee and 50% of the Annual Education Fee has been paid. However admission to Grades 9 to 12 is provisional until the school has met with the student and parents/authorized guardians.
- To expedite the admission process, for parents and students who are unable to visit Inventure, a Skype interview can be arranged for Teacher Parent meetings. For Grades 6 -12, your child’s current school may be requested to administer the placement test before the Parent- Principal meeting. The admission process is completed once the Transfer certificate and Pass certificate or equivalent documents from the previous school are received (where applicable), Non-Refundable Registration, Admission and Infrastructure Fee and 50% of the Annual Education Fee have been paid. For International (including NRIs) students a written declaration from the previous school, stating the grade he/she has completed will be required.
- The balance due by 3rd April 2017 includes:
- 100% of Security Deposit (Interest free), (Refundable), 50% of Transport Fee and Meal Plan Fee, 100% of Books, Stationary and Educational Supplies(online and offline learning resources).
- 100% of Class Outbound and Life Skills Trip.
- If applicable 50% of Learning lab Fee, ESL and Language Fee.
(Please refer to the Fee Notification for details).
- All Fees (both Once Off Fee and annual / recurring) paid are non-refundable.
- Pre-registration: You can register your child in advance by completing the Application Form and paying the one time non-refundable Registration, Admission Fees and Infrastructure fees.
The pre-registration is valid for two years from the day of registration. If your child does not gain admission the amount paid is forfeited. Admission is granted provisionally till the child is of schoolgoing age and able to go through the admission process. At the time of actual admission, the differential in the Admission and Registration Fees will have to be paid along with the appropriate fees applicable at that time.
If you have any question about our admission process, please email us at email@example.com