Conducted by KSCA and India Spell Bee Competition, the Math Bee Contest saw our students give a stellar performance in every category winning accolades and praise from the judges.
130 students participated from Bangalore schools through 3 rounds, out of which 2 were written and 1 was a rapid-fire round.
Five students participated in each category:
Junior Category ( Grades 6 & 7)
Dhruv Panday, Mugdha Kumar, Varuni Agarwal, Khyati Singh & Eshwaran Krishnan
Senior Category ( Grades 8, 9 & 10)
Kush Bhavanasi, Rohan Pandit, Anirudh Mody, Divij Gupta & Kaushik Kunal Singh
All 5 students from Junior Category qualified for round 2 (Dhruv, Mugdha, Varuni, Khyati, Eshwaran)
· 3 out of 5 students from Senior Category qualified for round 2 (Divij, Kunal & Kush)
Second round – 15 questions to be answered in 15 minutes.
· Khyati & Dhruv from Junior category qualified for the next round.
· Divij & Kunal from Senior category qualified for the next round.
Rapid fire round – Five questions to be answered in 60 seconds (Stage round). Top 3 will be selected in each category.
· Khyati from Junior Category won the 3rd place.
· Divij from Senior category won the 2nd place
· Kunal from Senior category won the 3rd place.
Competition was intense with 1 point separating senior first from second, and second from third.
We won the BEST Performance School award with maximum points in the contests.
Everyone lauded their performance and Ms Umadevi Mahajan, Lead, Math Department was asked to explain the teaching practices at Inventure which resulted in the students scoring in the top ten in all rounds!
Congratulations, winners! Kudos to Ms Umadevi and her team!