The health of our children is top priority at school. Inventure Academy is associated with Columbia Asia Hospital, and we have a qualified nurse full time at school from Vita Life, for medical support. We also have a doctor on call on all working days.
Our campus clinic is well equipped to handle any emergency medical situation that may arise. Inventure Academy is associated with Columbia Asia Clinic, through whom a full time, qualified nurse attends to any child who falls ill during school. Columbia Asia Clinic conducts frequent health check-ups and workshops about the importance of hygiene. We also have a doctor on call on all working days.
The following are the main features of our health policy:
- If the child has a temperature, parents are requested not to send him/her to school, even to attend an exam.
- Similarly, students who are suffering from infectious diseases should not come to school. In case a student is found to have an infectious disease during school hours, he/she will be asked to go home immediately.
- The clinic administers treatment if the child is suffering from minor complaints like a fever or aches, and administers first aid in the case of sprains, fractures, deep cuts etc.
- However, if the illness is of a serious nature, the parents will be informed and will have to take the child home.
- Parents must inform the school of previous surgeries, chronic illnesses, allergies or conditions that their child might have – whether these are physical, learning related or emotional – in order to prevent further harm, deterioration or life-threatening situations. Parents should instruct the nurse on an emergency medication that their child needs.