Inventure Academy puts a huge emphasis on sport. We aim to create an awareness of the crucial importance of regular physical activity and fitness, teamwork and a keen, positive competitive spirit, and of carrying these forward into adulthood. In our view, nothing equips children better for life than participation in sport.
- Sport is compulsory for all our students from every grade (Pre K-12), and on a daily basis. Our Physical Education and Sports component is modelled on the PE4Life system used in the US and the National Academy of Sports and Medicine’s Optimum Performance Training.
- Inventure Academy and PeakFitness Consultancy Pvt. Ltd. have collaborated on a programme to create a progressive and systematic approach to Physical Education, and higher development in sports training at the school level.
The programme for the different age / grade levels is as follows:
- Kindergarten to Grade 4: Basics of motor development skills / gross movement patterns / fun with sports and fitness.
- Grades 5 & 6: Exposure to multiple sports / track & field.
- Grades 7 & 8: Identification of proficiency in any particular sport or game.
- Grades 9, 10 & 11: Specialized focus on the sport or game of choice.
We teach younger children how to train the various systems of the human body (e.g. the Balance system, Power system, Strength system, etc.) using various fun activities like the Climbing Wall (for strength and balance) and speed and agility drills (to enhance performance in their chosen sports).
- An Adventure Course runs through the school. It is designed to challenge the child’s physical fitness, co-ordination as well as individual and team sportsmanship.
- Trained coaches guide children in team and individual sports like cricket, football, basketball, tennis, table tennis as well as athletics.
- Annual Sports Days applaud spirit and skills on the sports field and healthy inter-house competition. All students are expected to participate in at least one event. The school band, “Brilliant Brass” performs at this and other occasions.
- After-school activities include soccer, basketball and athletics. In addition, school teams have a rigorous two-hour practice session every Saturday. And believing, as we do, in striving for the highest standards, we have formed associations with the following specialist third party organisations to train students who have the ability, capability or motivation for superior levels of sporting achievement.
- Children are coached in tennis by Zeeshan Ali and his team of coaches:
The Zeeshan Ali Tennis Academy (ZATA) at Inventure is a world class tennis coaching facility headed by former Indian Davis Cupper Zeeshan Ali. ZATA at Inventure intends to offer the benefits of a tennis based sports curriculum that is carefully designed to bring out the best in every child, both on and off court.