Senior Secondary School students need to have a well-rounded, happy experience at school so they can learn independently, develop resilience, confidence and maturity before stepping out into the world. Senior School at Inventure Academy provides students the opportunity to identify their areas of strength and pursue an academic programme that is best suited to their learning style, inclination, and which is in alignment with their long term goals. The aim is to give the learner a sound foundation in conceptual knowledge and in the skills of application, analysis and higher order thinking.
We are proud of the depth and breadth of our extensive curriculum – a curriculum that has the ability to extend able students, while also providing support for those requiring additional inputs. Students acquire the flexibility and freedom to find the right ‘subject fit’ of their choice. We look at curriculum work continuously to improve (among other things) good national test scores.
Senior Secondary School Programme
Inventure Academy prepares students for examinations of National and International Boards in Grades 11 and 12. We offer 2 programmes of study – the ISC [affiliated to the CISCE] and the A/AS Levels [affiliated to the CAIE].
The ISC programme provides a tremendous advantage to students in terms of content for higher education, Common Entrance Tests and college placement tests.
Cambridge International A/AS level students are assured of placement in more top universities worldwide than any other international qualification. This course is in keeping with the strong theoretical base, which provokes experimentation and interactions with the physical sciences on the one hand, and the humanities and life science fields on the other.
Curricular Practices in Senior Secondary School
- In Senior Secondary School, academic rigour, varied prescribed reading and supervised forays into the Internet stimulate, synthesize and co-ordinate learning. Information technology is integral to our curriculum and we deliver a very successful and effective student computer program.
- Students are guided in their preparations for their ISC and A/AS level board exams.
- Our assessments are prescribed to international benchmarks and are carried out based on projects, activities, research and presentations and monthly reviews.
- The Wider World Programme comprises student internship and community service, making learning more meaningful and relevant to the student’s future.
- Bi-annual term exams, and Pre-Final exams for the batches appearing for their Board Exams, to ensure ongoing assessment and guidance for students to face academic challenges.
- Field trips, workshops and guest lectures take on new meaning as interactions with experts and specialists in various fields becomes the focal point.
- A teacher student ratio of 1:8.
- Leadership training through standing for elections to the Student Council. Students demonstrate initiative by leading assemblies, organizing events, taking the lead on Community Outreach programmes and working on extended projects.
- Co-curricular activities include sports and PE, PODs [vertical, interest-based learning groups], and exposure to inter house cultural, fine arts and oratorical events. Students of Grades 11 and 12 also choose one co-curricular activity that they will aim to excel at during the course of the academic year.
- Guest faculty from Univariety and Workwise conduct workshops and lectures offering career counselling and support for college placements for Grade 11 and 12 students.
- Wider World programs include outbound learning camps with INME.