The earlier a child … comes to grips with music, the more the brain growth will be influenced. It sets them up for life.
Dr Richard Letts
Music Council of Australia
Tournament of Minds is an integral component of the Primary School curriculum at Inventure Academy. Events, practices and preparations have been going on for the last couple of months and the culmination of all the hard work was on September 3, 2013, when the entire Inventure Academy Community came to school to witness the talent on display.
Musical Instruments Competition Held on Aug 26th, 2013 for Grades I to V
Inventure Academy held an instrumental music competition as part of their Tournament of Minds – an inter house cultural competition that offers opportunities to students to discover and display their talents across events like music, singing, dance, recitation, art and Sudoku to name a few. Tournament of Minds reinforces Inventure’s belief in a balanced approach to education which has a healthy mix of rigorous academics, sports and co-curricular activities. For example, listed below are some of the advantages that accrue from learning and playing music:
- Playing music is fun
- Playing music relieves stress
- Improves academic performance.
- Teaches that there are rewards of hard work, practice, patience and discipline.
- Develops creative thinking and motor skills.
- Helps kids become more active listeners.
- Enhances their health and well-being and increase their stamina.
- Children learn to embrace other cultures through their music.
- Develops teamwork and shared goals.
- Enhances the overall experience of listening to music.
- Helps explore emotions
The event turned out to be an overwhelming experience, full of enthusiasm, learning and fun.