INCULCATING A PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE: Inventure Academy is ranked among the Top Co-ed Day Schools in India in the EducationWorld - C fore survey 2019, the most extensive schools evaluation survey worldwide. In 2019-20, we are ranked #3 in India (up from #4 2018-19 and up from #9 in 2017-18), and #2 in Karnataka and Bangalore (up from #3 in 2017-18).

Our Last Trip with Inme

Our Last Trip with Inme

Twelfth grade is supposed to be the most memorable year of high school, and ours has started out with one of the best inme trips that any of us have been on. That may have been because we knew that we had to make the most of it, as there was no next year this time.

Day 1-Monday

On June 23rd, we woke up at 3AM and headed to the airport for our 6AM flight. We met up in front of the airport rubbing our eyes and yawning. Achira ma’am and Meenakshi ma’am got us all lined up and we headed into the airport just in time for our flight. At 8:30, when we stepped off the flight into the hot, humid Indira Gandhi airport at Delhi, we met Nipun and Jayanth, two of our instructors for the trip. We loaded everything on to the bus and set off for Uroli, Uttarkhand, which was a 12 hour drive away.


In the bus, I sat next to Chaithanya and he opened his suitcase and pulled out a giant teddy bear. Nobody really knew what to say, but hey, to each their own, right?


We stopped at McDonald’s for lunch and then continued on our journey. We finally reached the campsite at around 11PM. We dumped our bags near the dinner area, ate and then went to sleep. None of us really registered anything that was happening, we were too exhausted.

Day 2-Tuesday

The next morning, I woke up at 6AM and everyone else was sleeping, so I went for a 4K run around the camp. It was beautiful. By the time I was finished, people were starting to wake up, so I took a shower and got ready for the day ahead.



All of us drank our tea and ate biscuits, lazing around until the instructors told us what to do. I was named the official photographer, so I took pictures of the campsite and of everybody. We looked around and realized that there was an unnatural number of instructors. In our 11th grade trip, there were 34 of us and 5 instructors, and this year there were 19 of us and 9 instructors. Apparently everybody wanted to be there for our last inme trip so that they could make it the best ever. This is why we love inme. When the instructors called us together, they made us sit in a circle and they put a cycle tire in the middle. We were asked how many people would be able to fit inside it. Our rough estimate was 8 people, as we did not know the flexibility of the tire. It turned out that 24 people, all of us and the instructors, were able to fit inside.



After breakfast, we packed caps, water bottles and sunglasses and headed to our first activity, the ropes course. Once we reached the site, which was only a minute’s walk away, we divided ourselves into two groups. There were four obstacles that we had to complete: the tarzan swing, the tire activity, a net with tires at the top and the friendship ladder.




After we finished the ropes course, we went back to camp and had lunch and showers. The instructors then told us that we would have to conduct a Health Mela for a nearby village on Thursday. Basically, we had to organize a free checkup for the villagers using our resources from camp, including medicines, and the two doctors. We would have to make posters and put them up in the village on Wednesday, so that everybody would be aware by Thursday. We spent the rest of the day discussing and planning out what we would do.

Day 3-Wednesday

On Wednesday, we had planned to do a small activity in the morning and then travel to the village after lunch to put up our posters and meet all the villagers. So, in the morning we got dressed and went down to the main field to do PowerUps, which is basically Elastic Limbs. Stretches disguised as fun games. However, that morning the ground was particularly slippery, and while playing a game somewhat like tag, Achira ma’am slipped. On further examination at the hospital down at Ranikhet, it turned out that she had broken her leg from the waist down. We were all extremely disappointed that she wouldn’t be able to stay with us and we kept calling to make sure she was okay.

The rest of us went rock climbing, while Meenakshi ma’am stayed with Achira ma’am. We had to pair up and climb a beginner rock face, as there were some people who had never gone rock climbing before.




After rock climbing, the instructors took us to a pond that we played around in for a while.



After lunch, we set off on the 6 kilometre trekking that would take us to the village. We had tons of fun meeting the villagers, talking about the Health Mela and playing with their adorable babies and animals.




Day 4: Thursday and Health Mela Day

We had decided to have the Health Mela in the afternoon, so in the morning we headed to a clearing where we divided into 3 teams. They tied all the team members to each other by the waist and we had to go down a steep hill, wade through nine rocky ponds and go over and under huge boulders.




When we got back to camp, we ate lunch and packed up everything we would need for the Health Mela, and then we set off. Once we reached the village, I was put in charge of the photography and taking care of the kids, so I’ll let the pictures tell the story.




Funny story connected to the picture of Rohan and the baby. One of the women from the village came down, handed Rohan her baby and disappeared for two hours. So Rohan became an overprotective dad for a little while.



We went back to camp completely exhausted, but very satisfied.

Day 5: Friday

We woke up early and after excessive picture-taking, we went to an activity called Target Jump. Again, this is kind of impossible to explain. We were pulled up onto a branch, and then we had to jump off and touch hanging bottles, each of which was worth a different amount of points.




When we got back to camp, we relaxed and packed up everything, as that was our last day. We all decided to sleep under the stars on our sleeping bags around a campfire. It was beautiful. We got up at 2 in the morning on Saturday, got on the bus and headed back to Delhi to board our flight to Bangalore.