WHAT IS INVENTURE?
Inventure Academy, a Pre K – Grade 12 International School, established in 2005, located on Whitefield-Sarjapur Road, has always believed in kindling and nurturing curiosity in the minds of its learners. Staying true to its Core Purpose – “to instil in learners the ability and conviction to realise their full potential, be socially responsible citizens, and excel anywhere in the world” – has helped the school to rank #1 in Karnataka & Bangalore for last 2 years and Top 6 in India in the Education World C Fore Survey 2021 (Co Ed Day Schools Category) The happiest school sparks passion amidst young Inventurers to swim upstream and bring about change in their own spheres of influence, thus enabling them to become positive change makers and contributors to society.
Inventure is a fully accredited and independent international school and is affiliated to the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) and the Round Square worldwide network of schools. Its unique curriculum, which equips children with 21st Century life skills, is focused on the holistic development of children, with the expectation that each child will flourish in academics and beyond academics.
THE IDEA OF INVENTURE
Imagine a world where every child can excel. Where they are free to express themselves and discover their innate potential and inventiveness. Where confidence, happiness and compassion are part of the timetable. Where learning happens through an excellently designed curriculum that perfectly balances academic rigour with the creative arts, sports and community service. Where there is an everyday focus on life skills that will give children an edge in the complex world of the 21st century.
This is the world of Inventure Academy. An enabling and nurturing environment with world-class infrastructure and facilities that places our learners at the centre of everything we do. Through constant reflection and review, we determine how and what we teach based on these defining questions: Is it relevant to the lives of our learners? Will it help them thrive in an interdependent, globalised and rapidly changing world? Will it help them make it a better world?
True to our Core Purpose – that learners should be able to ‘excel anywhere in the world’ – our admissions statistics show that our learners have been admitted to top colleges in the US, UK, Europe, Australia, Singapore, Canada and in India. We offer exams in different sessions, as permitted by CAIE (May/Nov/March), to allow learners to compete in competitive exams in India. And going beyond exams, as we consistently do, our lush campus with its superlative sports avenues and equipment produces State level and National level athletes regularly. Our excellent facilities for the arts, design and tech, and our Maker Space give learners a rounded learning experience to jump headlong into the real world.
The learning community we have built embraces learners, parents, educators, the people that surround us, and the wider world. The school culture is friendly and empowering, and so we attract, develop & retain passionate educators. While we nurture the distinct identity of each child, we also foster a sense of belonging where everyone learns to work and play together. Inventure is guided by a set of Core Values that translate into tangible and measurable school practices. These values enable us to offer teaching-learning experiences that are compelling and lifelong.
WHO IS AN INVENTURER?
We aspire to shaping young people who are the best they can be. The ideal Inventurer that we wish to see graduating from school is not perfect or infallible. Instead:
- Inventurers have had exposure to maximise their potential and are ready to take advantage of any challenge and opportunity to excel in anything that they undertake.
- Inventurers are explorers in every sense of the word. They are equipped with a broad range of skills – academic, social and personal – to succeed in every endeavour in life.
- Inventurers are adaptable and can live happily anywhere in the world in various cultures and settings.
- Inventurers have a high degree of personal integrity. They are reliable, honest, modest and humble.
- Inventurers are committed to achieving excellence in every aspect of their lives – whether personal or in their interaction with each other, or society at large.
- An Inventurer thrives on dynamism, progressive thinking and positive change. He /She is an advocate for what they believe the world needs and do not fear sharing their convictions with others in the hope that their beliefs and contributions will have a positive impact on the world.
- Inventurers are compassionate, sensitive, tolerant and respectful. Inventurers thrive on diversity and endeavor to help others in any way possible.
- Inventurers are team players who will work together and with others for the benefit of the world at large, while having the courage to embrace and express their own individuality.
THE INVENTURE CLASSROOM
The space where teaching/learning happens in Inventure reflects every aspect of the school’s philosophy. We strive to offer a learning atmosphere that is positive, and engages learners creatively and vigorously, physically and intellectually. The emphasis is on understanding, collaboration and exploration, giving new meaning to the terms ‘child-friendly’ and ‘child focused’. Connections are fostered catalysing real world, cross-disciplinary learning, and allowing learners to make meaning of knowledge – to ask questions like ‘Why do I learn this? and, ‘How can I use it?’ Reflective practises for self-awareness and self- improvement are encouraged among our teachers. Their relationships with their learners are multi-layered and sensitive, and solicit feedback from the learners. The intent is to make learners accountable to high standards while maintaining the dignity of the child.