TOP ACHIEVERS IN ACADEMICS
Inventure students received 7 Outstanding Learner Awards: 3 ‘Top in World’ & 4 ‘Top in India’ from the Cambridge Assessment International Examinations (CAIE) in 2019.
- Divij Gupta: Top in World A Level Mathematics
- Omkar Ashutosh Kerkar: Top in World AS Level Mathematics
- Abhishek Jain: Top in Country A Level Computer Science
- Inika Kandwal: High Achievement A Level Geography
Two Inventure alumni won the prestigious Rhodes & Harvard Scholarships this past year.
- Namrata Ramesh (Inventure alumna class of 2016), now a final year student at UC Berkeley, won the Rhodes Scholarship for 2020. Among the 5 scholars selected from India, Namrata is the only one selected for Science. She is applying for the D Phil. in condensed matter Physics.
- Sridhar Prabhu (Inventure Alumnus Class of 2016) received the Herchel Smith Scholarship Award which is a fully funded scholarship for Cambridge University students to study at Harvard University. Sridhar graduated from Emmanuel College, Cambridge University with a BA Hons in natural Sciences Physics in 2019
Other Academic Achievements:
- In ASSET 2019-2020, of the 608 students who were assessed, 55 students were deemed Outstanding (top 1% nationally); 173 students were Distinguished (the next 5% nationally); 154 students were deemed Creditable (the next 10% nationally)
- In the SOF English Olympiads, Inventure won 22 Medals of Distinction, 2 Cash Awards and one 2nd Level rank. In the SOF Science Olympiad, Inventure received 4 Medals of Distinction. In the Math Olympiad, we won 14 Medals of Distinction and three 2nd Level ranks.
Top Individual Rankings
- Nikhil Niranjan – Tennis: achieved his highest ITF ranking of 373 – World Junior (U18) and was the All-India National U16 Doubles Champion in May 2019. He doesn’t play local tournaments anymore.
- Charvi Anand – Badminton: Top 10 in Karnataka U13 category. Presently ranked 15th in U13 Girls Singles 2020 USA Junior National Championship.
- Saloni Dalal – Swimming: 1 Gold and 1 SILVER in PV NOV OPEN (International meet). 9th Place in 200m Breaststroke among top clubs on the East coast, USA. (Made it to – B Final at NCAP Invitational, the end of season, biggest meet on the East Coast of the USA). Won 3 Silver medals in Senior Nationals Swim Meet, Bhopal.
- Vinaya Seshan – Football: No 2 Goalkeeper for the Karnataka Senior Women’s Football Team. Also participated in the Hero Indian Women’s League (Same format as men’s ISL) by representing Bangalore United Football Club (No. 1 Goalkeeper)
- Chetan Reddy – Football: Represented Karnataka Sub Junior Boys Team – Won the South Zone National Championship and participated in All India Sub Junior Championship
- Ishanavi Agarwal – Football: Represented the Karnataka Junior Girls Football Team and participated in the All India Junior National Championship
- Sanjana Devineni – Tennis: Karnataka ranking No.1 in U12; No.3 in U14; AITA (All India ranking) No.11 in U12; No.18 in U14
- Sanjith Devineni – Tennis: Plays only ITF. From last year (international ranking) ITF juniors No. 420
- Fredy. J – Football: Head Coach, Karnataka Junior Girls Football Team. Participated in the All India Junior National Championship.
|Interschool Team Wins District Level – 64.||TT – 13|
Football – 26
Basketball – 7
Tennis – 8
Athletics – 2
Cricket – 4
Swim – 2
Badminton – 2
|Individual Wins Inter-school Level – 122||Athletics – 50 medals|
Swimming – 70 medals
Wall climbing – 2 medals
|Club Wins District Level (Individual) – 5||Golf – 3|
Chess – 1
Karate – 1
|State Level Wins School /Club – Individual – 16||Swimming – 14 medals @ inter school|
Athletics – 2 Medals @ inter school
|National Level Wins School/Club- Individual – 32||Football – 2|
Tennis – 2
Golf – 1
|International Level Wins School/Club – Individual – 3||Swimming – 2|
Karate – 1
- Table Tennis- 13 Inter School Trophies; 1 Best Coach (Stalin Prabhu); 5 Students won MVP
- Football – 27 Interschool trophies and 15 students won MVP at the National Level 13 Inventure students represented various clubs in leagues and championships at the District level 14 Inventure students represented various clubs in leagues and championships at the State level Vinaya Seshan represented Hero Indian National League Championships at the National level Fredy J, Ishanavi Agarwal, and Chetan Reddy were in the Karnataka State Football Team at National Level in Boys Sub Juniors & Girls Juniors Level Competition 15 students represented Inventure Academy at the United World Games held at Austria where they finished in 5th place
- Cricket – 4 Inter-school trophies and 3 students won MVP at District level Inventure was Runners up at BTR Shield where 200 schools participated Ajay Madhusudan was adjudged best bowler of the tournament Ayush Puravankara played at a District level challenge competition and was semi-finalist among the 830 players who participated Ajay Madhusudan represented the Neptune Cricket Club at District level
- Basketball – 7 Interschool trophies and 2 MVP 11 Inventure students played for club tournaments at District level club competitions
- Tennis – Won 8 Inter-school tournaments and 1 MVP Sanjana Devineni and Nikhil Niranjan were National level winners
- Golf – Stuthii Kaveriamma won 3 tournaments at the KGA developmental program and won in the Indian Junior Golf Tour held at KGA in the U 12 category
- Chess – Srinidhi Sudhir took part in the Club level chess tournament and won all 5 rounds
- Karate – Shreyas Narayan participated and won at the District level Karate tournament and International level Open Karate Tournament.
- Wall Climbing – at the Inter-school Olympics our students won1 Silver and 1 Bronze
- Badminton – Charvi Anand won 2 golds at the Inter-school tournament. She also participated in several tournaments at District level and a few tournaments in International level for her age category in USA
- Swimming – Inventure won 77 Inter-school medals, 14 State level medals, 27 National level medals and 2 International level medals We won 2 Overall Championships and had 3 Individual Champions at Inter-school competitions We also got the Fastest Swimmer Award at the Inter-school competition 7 students participated in Inter-school /Club State Level Swim Meets 11 students participated in Inter-school /Club National Level Swim Meets 1 student participated in an International Level Swim Meet.
- Athletics – Inventure won 12 gold, 22 silver, 18 bronze for athletics this year We had 2 Overall championship wins at Inter-school meets 2 silver medal at Youngsters State level school games where 12 students represented the School 3 students participated in Star Track Cub Meet at State level 3 students participated in the BUDAA Meet at District level.
EXTRA – CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Art – Inventure had 6 National level winners at the 10th edition of ‘Nazariya’, the art competition conducted by the Heritage Foundation of Art and Culture.
- Music – 60 students participated in the Taaqademy Music Festival At the National level Inter-school Heritage Art and Culture Fest, one student came first.
- Dance – One student placed fifth in the same festival.
- F1in Schools** – 4 students placed first, 4 placed second and 5 placed third 45 teams registered of which 17 teams were from Inventure Out of the top 10 teams who qualified for the Nationals, 6 teams were from Inventure.
- Our team of 3 students won 3rd place in the International FLL Open Robotics Championship at Lebanon
- Financial Times & World Bank Blog competition – Ishita Gupta was one of two global winners
- Round Square – 3 students attended the Round Square International Conference at Indore. Nooraine Fazal and Meenakshi Myer attended the RSIC Annual Regional Meeting of the South Asia and Gulf Region in Mumbai
- MUN – At WEMUN, Beijing, Inventure won the Outstanding Delegation Award 2019 It was our 5th year consecutive win at Harvard Model United Nations, Hyderabad for Outstanding Delegation, Best Delegation and Honourable Mention awards We also scored a win at the Ivy League Delhi and Bangalore
- Walkathon – Organised by the Inventure Academy Student Council to collect funds for underprivileged children from the Ramagondanahalli government school which has been adopted by them. Students, parents, faculty and management walked over 20 kms on the day to promote fitness and healthy living in the community.