We believe that self discipline is the basis of emotional intelligence, and so, at Inventure Academy, we encourage our learners to take responsibility for their actions. Our Code of Conduct shows the way by emphasizing love and respect for people, school and community. Positive reinforcement and a fine balance between letter and spirit make these simple rules the basis for happy, peaceful and productive interactions among teachers, learners and parents. This self regulation will also stand the children in good stead when they step out into the world.
We all deserve a school environment with positive disciplining strategies that are safe, supportive, and conducive to teaching and learning.
The Inventure Code of Conduct applies to:
- All learners enrolled in school, in school uniform, during school hours and until the time that they reach home (irrespective of their mode of transport).
- Learners representing the school for organized events or activities within the school/ city/ country/ abroad during the school day or post school.
- Learners travelling to or from school on school-provided transport.
- All faculty and staff employed with the school on a full time or part time basis.
CODE OF CONDUCT RULES:
- Learners must maintain discipline and respect in speech and behaviour within the school premises, as well as when they are off-site, on educational/recreational tours, on the bus, during school sponsored events, etc.
- No student is allowed to abuse, threaten, assault or insult a fellow student, teacher, school staff or any authorized personnel.
- Learners must not initiate, encourage or participate in any bullying / ragging, verbal or physical assault or sexual harassment.
- Learners will not carry, use, distribute or sell any non-prescription drugs, cigarettes and other tobacco products, alcohol or any narcotics.
- Gadgets that interfere with learning or are a safety risk will not be allowed in school unless requested for by a teacher. These include cell phones, personal computers, music systems, iPods, electronic gaming or telephonic devices, play stations, etc.
- No form of dishonesty will be accepted. This includes academic dishonesty, tampering with documents, plagiarism and taking others’ belongings without consent.
- Junk food & candy are not allowed on campus or on the bus. Breakfast and lunch will be served in the school dining area. Learners will be encouraged to eat a nutritious meal, and observe civility and courtesy at the table.
- Learners are expected to be punctual: to class, to the bus, in submitting their assignments, and in any time-bound duty/task/work.
- Learners arriving late or leaving early for any reason must be sure to report the facts to the office and Grade teacher.
- Learners are not permitted to leave the school campus at any time during the school day unless permission is granted by the Principal.
- Learners may not carry cash or valuables to school. Trading and business activities by learners are prohibited without prior explicit permission.